Real McCoy Immunity Gummies.
My Aria loves these, the novelty never wears off!
- Measuring cups and spoons, moulds or ice-cube trays, saucepan, fridge.
- 1 Cup Juice pick something with no added sugar or sweetener grape, red grapefruit, pineapple are nice colours and sweet)
- 2 Tablespoons of Gelatine
- 2 Tablespoon manuka or good quality honey.
- Mix ingredients in pan, mixing constantly until gelatine is completely dissolved.
- Bring mixture to a boil, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour into moulds of choice. Hint: spray lightly with oil first to secure the shape.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 20 minutes
- Remove from moulds.
Science Lesson: When you dissolve gelatin in the juice, the tiny spaghetti-like proteins within it become entwined, or tangled. As they tangle, they form a mesh of pockets that hold water, honey and other agents added for flavor. After refrigerating, the result is a jiggly solid. Biology health note: Gelatin is used for weight loss, treating osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, brittle bones (osteoporosis). Gelatin is also used for improving hair quality, nails and joint mobility, and to shorten recovery after exercise, sports-related injury and rich in protein.